N-Space Art Bros

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
N-Space Art Bros

The super amazing after hours art forum for all your after hours art needs!

3 posters

Ideas for Future Projects

Jaclyn Stuard
    Jaclyn Stuard

Ideas for Future Projects Empty Ideas for Future Projects

Post by Jaclyn Stuard Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:37 am

If you have ideas for projects the group might look into doing, please post them here so we can discuss them!
    Jaclyn Stuard
    Jaclyn Stuard

Ideas for Future Projects Empty Re: Ideas for Future Projects

Post by Jaclyn Stuard Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:34 am

Some ideas that popped into my head:

DRAW THIS! - A fun art jam session where we could bring in a wooden mannequin (or a nicer one. Or a poseable figure of some sort) and essentially take turns calling out words and adjusting the pose, and sketching an idea based on the combination of the two.

Art Nouveau - or another style - Draw what you like and try to do it in a specific style. I just have wanted to try this style, so that's why I suggested it specifically.

Skulls and Skeletons - Something to get us to practice the basics and do something that usually looks pretty epic by the time it's done.

Themed series - I know this example is overdone, but like "The Seven Deadly Sins" in a new and unique way would be pretty cool. Could do something else entirely, it's just a multipiece theme suggestion. The Zodiac, the plants...anything where they could be done in a series/set.

Fantasic Vehicles - Everything from a unicorn motorcycle to a zombie range rover, take something fantastic and make it into a vehicle. Maybe design their drivers as well.
    Real World Example of what was in my head:
    Sirens of TI Motorcycle
    Ideas for Future Projects Siren211
    Ideas for Future Projects Siren110Ideas for Future Projects Siren_11

If anything else pops into my head, or anything pops into yours, post it here. (I will likely try to flesh out the concepts a little more and do a framework for any that garner interest.)

Oh, and I know a group out in the Winter Park area that meets once a month and actually have a live model (from cosplayer to belly dancer to...whatever model they find that month) that does poses for 2 hours. It's pretty fun, and it's a $5 fee to go (they use it to pay the model), but it's on the first Wednesday of every month. It might be a fun field trip. It's 8-10 pm. I'll post more info if peeps are interested.

Last edited by Jaclyn Stuard on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added photos)
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Post by jason_pichon Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:33 pm

This will be good if people add their thoughts on some of the different things we could approach as a group. Even if it's just a sketch group.

Is this the group in Winter Park you were referring to? If so you'll be glad to hear that Jenny is one of the models we have access to for our figure drawing sessions here. If not you should check them out, Jenny is an awesome figure model.

https://www.facebook.com/NUNSketch
    tom_alvarez
    tom_alvarez

Post by tom_alvarez Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:27 pm

How about an Online graphic Novel? By doing it online we can go in many different directions. Thoughts?
    Jaclyn Stuard
    Jaclyn Stuard

Post by Jaclyn Stuard Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:02 pm

This is the group I was talking about:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1393469497541373/

Very similar group.

Funnily enough, I think Jenny has come in for some of the figure work I did at both Full Sail and Valencia. Very different "costume" though Razz

As far as the online graphic novel idea, my thoughts are that it might be too large of a project. Maybe once we've been going a while, everyone's in to it, and projects aren't all up ons like they are now, it would be fun. I would love to do something like that, but the idea of coming up with one story would be a madhouse. Even if we did a web-comic series using the same characters, we would have to develop the shared characters and find something everyone likes, which is a tall order.

I also thought it might be cool to think up concepts for a game genre, like a cart racer or fighting game, and each of us design a character/environment/vehicles/logo - whichever you'd like to focus on. The nice part of the cart racer and fighter is there's not nearly as much....cohesiveness to be concerned about. We'd just have to pick a direction, like with Substrata, such as dark fantasy, twisted saturday morning cartoon, gritty Western, East meets West, or something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content