N-Space Art Bros

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
N-Space Art Bros

The super amazing after hours art forum for all your after hours art needs!

4 posters

Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies

Jaclyn Stuard
    Jaclyn Stuard

Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies Empty Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies

Post by Jaclyn Stuard Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Here's the sketch I shared with the group at last night's meeting.
    Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies Enemy_11

Her cloak will look like it's aflame on the end, ideally, with a war torn cityscape planned initially in the upper right portion of the pic, though not yet sketched.

Would love some feedback, and thanks to those who gave feedback last night. Help me tighten this character up.

Sketch time: about 10-20 minutes.

I also took some of the feedback and started some smaller thumbnail sketches as well.
    Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies Thumbn11
    Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies Thumbn12

I don't want her to be "heroic" in size. A bit smaller than expected. Maybe a little Napoleonic in shortness in comparison to her enemies. Razz
    Jaclyn Stuard
    Jaclyn Stuard

Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies Empty More sketches...

Post by Jaclyn Stuard Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:11 am

I found a silhouette I really enjoyed! Woohoo!
    Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies Thumbn10

I also had some ideas on armor. I need to do some researching and such to flesh this idea out, but when I get things like this in my head, I just gotta put them down on paper as they are in my mind.
    Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies Enemy_10
    I like the idea of an implied "skirt" with the drape, but I like the heavy leg armor underneath. The more I flesh this out, the more I see her as a battle-mage type. Armor for melee, but some mobility for if she needs to move. I originally thought to have the spikes at the knee go all the way around the top of the boot, but I thought "She'll cut up her legs when she tries to run, if she could even run at all."

As always, would love some feedback. I'll be looking for good armor reference with this concept in mind this weekend - some way to pull this off and make it seem believable. I'll post what I find when I find it! Very Happy
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies Empty Re: Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies

Post by jason_pichon Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:03 pm

I love seeing you explore the full character. I definitely feel a better sense of her now. I'm sure you saw some of the reference Max posted with the armor.

I definitely feel that the new shoulder pads work better. One thing I might do if she were my character is to make the spikes smaller, and/ or make them asymmetrical. Either because they have been damaged or sheered off, or that she has some on here shield arm and not on her sword arm. It also might be interesting if the spikes echoed your flame motif, rather than just being the usual spike.

good stuff!

Jaclyn Stuard
    Jaclyn Stuard

Post by Jaclyn Stuard Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Yeah, I've been revisiting the armor thread a lot today ... every time I gotta load a build! LOL I like the asymmetry in the shoulder armor, and I'll see about adding some battle damage - Battle damage makes everything more...better...er. hehehe. Thanks!
    Max_Acree
    Max_Acree
    Admin

Post by Max_Acree Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Something I came across the other day while watching some folks from Double Fine talk about their concept process for Massive Chalice is this thing the Polish were doing with their armor. They would put these mounts where they could add banners or wings, presumably to indicate rank or formation rally points. It's pretty cool as a visual, and might give you some neat things to play with in regards to your fire motif:
    Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies Polish%20Museum%20armour
    Jaclyn Stuard
    Jaclyn Stuard

Post by Jaclyn Stuard Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Yeah, Max...that sounds pretty cool. I'll have to look that up. Love the armor photo. I hope to do more substantial sketching of the armor soon. I wanna give the things Seung was talking about, drawing over the reference photo so not to worry about the figure but about the armor for a little while. I'll share whatever I come up with Smile
    Max_Acree
    Max_Acree
    Admin

Post by Max_Acree Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Here is the video mentioned earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q1NWrfLiLM
    AshleeH
    AshleeH

Post by AshleeH Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:28 pm

I'm really liking the expression of the very first one that you posted. If you keep her character with the face in view, I'd love to see that brought in as well.
    Jaclyn Stuard
    Jaclyn Stuard

Post by Jaclyn Stuard Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:35 pm

Thanks, Ashlee. Gonna see if I can keep that part as much as possible. Gotta start the hunt for the perfect pose! Razz
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Post by jason_pichon Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:11 pm

I have these

Jaclyn Stuard - Enemies 0065894000000-ST-03-Art-S-Buck-Couple

If you guys would like, and if you think it would help, I'll bring them in, just let me know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:28 am