N-Space Art Bros

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
N-Space Art Bros

The super amazing after hours art forum for all your after hours art needs!

+2
AshleeH
jason_pichon
6 posters

Jason_Pichon-heroes

jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Jason_Pichon-heroes Empty Jason_Pichon-heroes

Post by jason_pichon Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:57 pm

So here is the first pass for my hero chick. I've aged her into a woman rather than a young girl, because I didn't want to draw too many parallels to Ellie from Last of Us.

Also this was just about exploring her look and physique. The magic flowy stuff, and what looks like tattoos on her are where I think I will start to pull in the Art Nouveau look and feel. I'll also add it to design elements in armor and weapons. Also I will look at different hairstyles on an extracted bust from this image.

Jason_Pichon-heroes Hero_zps02651280

This a quick minute-ish rough of where I might go in terms of armor fabricated from found objects. Not by any stretch a complete thought. But this is how I will approach exploring armor and gear on her.

Jason_Pichon-heroes Armor_QuickRough_zpsc7397ef8

I may also alter my fiction some. I had thought about changing it from present day to late 1600's during the witch hunts. I thought it might be cool to play on the idea that she is an accused witch, who is only trying to save humanity, but has to fight mankind along with demonkind. I'm not too sure yet.
    AshleeH
    AshleeH

Jason_Pichon-heroes Empty Re: Jason_Pichon-heroes

Post by AshleeH Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Awesome. Armor. I'm not 100% sure why, it may be the angle or the shape, but the weapon on her back reminds me of a guitar.
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Post by jason_pichon Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Lol, yeah, I can see that. I think it is because the bottom end looks like the head of a guitar.
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Post by jason_pichon Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Here is my start at some silhouettes. Nothing fancy yet, but making progress.

Jason_Pichon-heroes Hero_armor_Tests_zps745ecaeb
    tom_alvarez
    tom_alvarez

Post by tom_alvarez Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:00 pm

The last one to the right looks nice. I almost get the feeling that she is wearing some sort of hood.
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Post by jason_pichon Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Your feeling would be right, she is wearing a hood in the last one. I will do about 10-12 of these at least before moving on. I want to push things to see where I do and do not want to go with the silhouette.
    Max_Acree
    Max_Acree
    Admin

Post by Max_Acree Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:41 pm

Are these the Demon Mode silhouette or the Human Mode? I like the muscular arms and shoulders, she strikes a solid balance between feminine and action packed.
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Post by jason_pichon Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:10 am

These are the human, however the middle is flirting with demon mode forms.

I think she would have two to three stages of demon mode, changing her overall size and appearance. She wouldn't ever get much bigger than about She-Hulk-ish proportions. She will still favor mostly human when side by side with the creatures I think.

I like to blast through as many silhouettes as I can. This way I can explore more, and often I stumble on the better stuff in the later silhouettes.

I am playing with the idea of her demon armor being a physical manifestation, like boney armor. Still not too sure.
    Jaclyn Stuard
    Jaclyn Stuard

Post by Jaclyn Stuard Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:18 am

I'm really digging the first silhouette and the drawing over the base character is something I definitely gotta try.

I really like the boney armor idea. The tatts are also pretty great. I enjoy all the unique detailing.

jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Post by jason_pichon Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Thank you, I find it helpful. These I think are all a little too timid, I really want to try to push them further.
    EdTchen

Post by EdTchen Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:15 pm

I think this is a good start, and I like that you are going for a "believable" female body type. My only comment would be that a woman of an upper body mass of this size might benefit from the same treatment bellow the waist. She sort of reminds me of chicken legs gym guys who focus on vanity muscles. She may be more believable as a physical powerhouse with a stronger base (more muscular legs) more akin to a rugby player than say a weight lifter (practical strength vs purpose built). It's a fine balance between strength and an overly masculine female, but I think when you can nail that sweet spot you get a character that really becomes memorable (Chun Li's thunder thighs for example).
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Post by jason_pichon Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:39 am

So as with the enemies, here is what I will most likely submit. it is also about 98-99% there or so. I'll look at it again tomorrow also and maybe do some last minute tweaks before submitting.

It may just be as done as it's going to get. I was hoping to do a few more creature heads, and some human creature hybrid development before submitting tomorrow night. Any way in the spirit of the process I thought I'd post this.

Jason_Pichon-heroes Hero_1b_Pages_zps35055c2b
    EdTchen

Post by EdTchen Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:25 am

looking good! Maybe as a last minute tweak you could try a few different haircuts? Maybe something that plays in nicely with the angularness of her red armor?
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Post by jason_pichon Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:02 am

Different haircuts was the plan, originally. I was going to take the head and try a few things out, maybe about a page worth. Different haircuts, scars, tattoos maybe even an eye patch or two. I might do that tonight, if I have time. Maybe I'll do that instead of another page of creature heads.
    EdTchen

Post by EdTchen Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:30 am

Yeah you may get more bang for buck with some new hair styles, and push this character further, instead of more creature heads that may not end up being finalized
    Max_Acree
    Max_Acree
    Admin

Post by Max_Acree Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:39 am

you should definitely do two eye patches

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:59 am