N-Space Art Bros

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
N-Space Art Bros

The super amazing after hours art forum for all your after hours art needs!

3 posters

Jose Dieck - Heroes

Jose_Dieck
    Jose_Dieck

Jose Dieck - Heroes Empty Jose Dieck - Heroes

Post by Jose_Dieck Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:07 am

Jose Dieck - Heroes Space10

Heres a rough sketch of the heroine I'd like to model in 3d.

The general concept is of an astronaut who has crash landed on a planet with magic. In order to survive shes needed to augment her suit with armor, magic, and weapons.

I'm playing off the idea of contrasting science and magic. After doing this rough, I think I may reduce the bulkiness of the space suit and rely on the magic armors for the larger forms.
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Jose Dieck - Heroes Empty Re: Jose Dieck - Heroes

Post by jason_pichon Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:14 am

I like the idea, and I think the drawing is a solid start, and has a certain charm.

It almost has a retro future vibe. For me I think a lot of that comes from the helmet. Which also reminds a bit of the helmet forms in Prometheus.

I would be interested in seeing you do some roughs of her in stages.

#1. Out of space suit
    #2. In standard space suit
    #3. Stage one magic armor space suit
    #4. Stage two magic armor space suit
    EdTchen

Post by EdTchen Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:24 pm

It looks like a lot of the detail went into the concept and the head and shoulders portion of the design. I'm not sure if you will be doing just a bust, 2d or 3d, but it might help to break out specific areas of the design that you are leaving vague now, and do a few more detailed designs. Maybe break out just a gauntlet for example and find do a few sketches with only that part so you can basically create a whole out of a group of separately detailed pieces. Of course pick the ones that help create the most cohesive overall design. Looking forward to seeing you mix the magic and science, I think Thor knows a little something about that.
    Jose_Dieck
    Jose_Dieck

Post by Jose_Dieck Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:03 am

Jose Dieck - Heroes Astro_11
    Thanks Jason and Ed for the advice.

I'm going to do each stage of her characters progression as Jason suggested. And then when it comes to refining the form, sketch out a bunch of parts as Ed suggested.

For the space suit I'm trying out a balance of functional and a bit of sci-fi retro/80s (Think it works better with fantasy than something more modern or futuristic)
    jason_pichon
    jason_pichon
    Admin

Post by jason_pichon Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:24 am

I like the idea of the retro look. It's interesting the more refined image feels like it would fit nicely in an animated show.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:17 am